Monday, July 7, 2008

david + shanel - pala mesa resort wedding

Truly an amazing day spent with a really awesome couple! It was so nice to only have to travel 20 miles or so to shoot a wedding! Just south of Temecula, Pala Mesa is a gorgeous location to have a wedding.

Shanel, the stunningly beautiful bride, was truly a one of a kind. So cool and calm and cracking jokes the whole time. We had some down time while we waiting for the ceremony to begin so I began to do my edit for the reception in the brides room. For close to two hours I stayed in the room with her and her bridesmaids listening to them and cracking up while I worked. David, the charismatic groom, loved the camera and hammed it up a bit for us.

Coordinated wonderfully by Carolyn Chen and her crew of The Special Day like always. And we also got a chance to work with Jan Garcia and his lovely wife Tey once again. They are a joy to work with!

Bride wanted the Adam Levine/Alisha Keyes unplugged version of "Wild Horses" for her Cinema Reale. I had used The Sundays version of it before awhile back and loved that version but was unsure about using this one at first.

It turns out it was a perfect song for them.

It's a melancholy love song so I was a bit worried about the lyrics fitting for a wedding, but I chose to show shots of the brides late father and gramma during those parts in the song.

The crowd was cheering non-stop throughout the whole thing. It was an awesome experience!





8 comments:

Jan Garcia said...

Hey Dan. Awesome clip! It was seriously a crowd pleaser...they ate it up!! Great working with you as usual.

Unknown said...

Awesome job!!! This was an amazing day and this video shows all of the joy and happiness of this day!! Thank you Daniel! Shanel and David, you guys look great of course. (pop your collars, lol!!) This video was perfect! I'm gonna show it to everyone I know!! =)

Unknown said...

Awesome work, Daniel! Great shots throughout and the lyrics match well. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

A remarkably, mesmerizing, breathtaking, expression of David's and Shanel's love for each other captured down to David's wink of approval and Shanel's beautiful smile. This video is simply amazing. David and Shanel will watch it over and over and over again. This is a wonderful keepsake which captured their love. The lyrics are perfect. Daniel...please extend your arm and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. David's & Shanel's Mom

Daniel Boswell said...

Wow! Thanks so much everyone!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Daniel for the wonderful video! Shanel and I watched it over and over while waiting for our connecting flight to Bali in Hong Kong.

You're awesome!

Unknown said...

What can I say besides thank you so much for making our wedding day just that much more special. Everyone, and when I say everyone I mean everyone, absolutely loved the video. I don't know how many times my sister has watched it. David and I have watched it at least 6 times on our honeymoon in Bali. Honestly its like he is addicted, if he blinks he has to rewind it because he thinks that he may have missed something.

Daniel you have done an amazing job. To think I wasn't even thinking about having a videographer all together, and then Carolyn mentioned you and with out a doubt I have no regrets. If anyone needs a videographer please mention Daniel Boswell's name to them because they will be more then pleased. Daniel thanks again and I am happy the girls and I were able to keep you entertained during our 2 hr past time. :)

Daniel Boswell said...

Thank you so much David and Shanel. Have a wonderful honeymoon and I look very fwd to creating the full video for you guys. :)