Monday, March 23, 2009

libby + ravi- ritz carlton dana point wedding

I first met Libby when I shot Amber & Jeremy's wedding a few years ago. They were one of my favorite couples of all time and Libby was the maid of honor at that wedding. So happy that she kept me in mind when she got engaged because it turned out to be an incredible day and I was so glad I got to be a part of it.

They are incredibly smart and articulate people (Yale grads..hence the color scheme! ) but they also have a great sense of humor and are genuine, warm people. I thoroughly enjoyed being around them and watching them interact with each other and their good friends and family!

I referred Libby to my good buddy John Schnack to take care of the photography and he did that in spades and also took care of all Napoleon Dynamite impressions. It had been awhile since we shot together and as always had a great time. If I could shoot every wedding with that guy....well..maybe not a good idea since we would probably not be able to focus like we should. ;) He also brought along second shooter Eddie B who has a background in video so got a chance to talk shop while I edited their video. Cool dude! John already has the pics up on his blog so check it out!

This fine day was all coordinated by Michelle Weita of Details Details and her seemingly never ending hordes of black suited helpers. As always, everything went so smooth and scarily on time. Michelle has a knack for making sure everything gets done and attended while maintaining one of the sweetest personalities you could ever come across. A great combination for a coordinator.

We went back and forth about a song to use for their Cinema Reale and at the 11th hour went with David Gray's "One I Love" which turned out to be the perfect song for them and their day.


1 comment:

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

I'm still amazed at how fast you do that. Great working with you and very cool to meet you!
Thanks for the shout-out.
-E