Monday, October 13, 2008

christine + michael - la jolla museum contemporary art wedding

Second of back to back SD weddings was held at La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art. I love shooting at this place because of the unique architecture, art work, and big white pillars make for such interesting shots. However, I struggled with getting my usual creative ceremony shots with this one as the La Jolla Pres Church was very strict about where we could be.

I really enjoyed shooting this couple. They were so sweet and appreciative of everything. Christine looked so pretty and they are such a cute couple together.

Got the opportunity to work with Victoria Schroeder from Coronado Weddings. She was awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her and the other vendors over our steak and shrimp dinner.

It was the first time I worked with photographer Tim Otto and I sincerely hope its not our last. Truly one of the nicest guys I have worked with in awhile. Him and his second shooter Lani were so much fun.

I hardly ever mention DJs on my blog but had to give some props to Tim Altbaum. Just a really cool dude and a great DJ! Any of you blog stalkers that are still looking for a DJ, check him out!

The bride and groom allowed me to pick the music for the Cinema Reale, and because they only gave me a few pics of themselves together for their slideshow, I decided to find a song that would work with a mixture of stills and video. I found the perfect candidate in one of my all time favorite love songs, David Gray's "The One I Love". It starts out slower for pics section and then transitions perfectly to the video section. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautifully done video! I just wanted to say thanks for making my cousin's wedding so memorable and beautiful (despite the crying babies-sorry about that). You are truly a great professional dedicated to your works of art.